Who came to our NZFW show?
Even if you weren’t not there IRL, you’ll still be able to check out the looks here. Even better than that, you can take away something from the show. ‘What?’ you ask. Well… this gorgeous, golden, glow-from-within beauty look of course!
- Begin by cleansing skin with the Goodness Every Day Cream Cleanser.
- Add a couple of drops of the Goodness Certified Organic Chia Seed Oil before moisturising to regulate your skin’s sebum production and ensure your skin is beautifully hydrated.
- Moisturise your face with the Goodness Every Morning Moisturiser before applying foundation.
- Begin the makeup look by massaging MAC Strobe Cream into the skin for a luminous, primed face.
- Use the MAC 197SH Duo Fibre Square Brush to apply MAC Studio Waterweight SPF 30 Foundation. Apply lightly and only where need be, for a naturally radiant finish!
- With the same brush, apply to the cheeks MAC Cream Colour Base in Tint for a soft sun-kissed touch.
- To finish off the skin, press MAC Cream Colour Base in Pearl onto the bridge of your nose and cupid’s bow for a creamy yet long-wearing highlight.
- Comb your brows upwards with MAC Brow Set in Clear for a groomed and polished look.
- For the eyes, use the MAC 217 Brush to buff over a light wash of MAC Cream Colour Base in Tint.
- With your fingers, press one dab of MAC Studio Eye Gloss onto the eyelids. With the remaining product on your fingers, dab this into the inner corners of your eyes.
- Using your fingers, apply a small amount of MAC Reflects in Transparent Gold to the inner corner of your eyes. This will adhere beautifully to the Studio Eye Gloss!
- Over the top of this, place an even smaller amount of MAC Glitter in Gold. The gold inner-corner highlight will sparkle, flicker and catch the light as you move around the room!
- Finish the look by pressing into the lips a small amount of MAC Cream Colour Base in Tint, for a creamy and warm-toned nude lip!
Are you wondering why you should use plant oils before foundation?
You’re thinking it’ll make your makeup slide off, right? But it won’t and it’s worth incorporating into your every day beauty routine. Trust us!
Plant oils for skincare are ah-mazing as our skin makes it’s own oil (called sebum). Our skin regulates its sebum production (as well as water levels) and sometimes sebum production is bang-on the money but sometimes it goes a little outta whack. This is why some of us have combination skin, and many have dry skin.
Bare with us as we get science-y for a sec…
Some plant oils are super-similar in molecular structure to sebum; a great example is Goodness Certified Organic Chia Seed Oil. The structure of this oil means the product is easily accepted by the skin. By adding just a couple of drops straight onto your skin (after cleansing and before moisturising), something magical happens. Combination skin thinks it’s producing more oil than it needs and… it stops producing so much sebum! Yay for balance! Dry skin on the other hand laps it up and normal skin is happy to have a extra dose of glow and goodness… see what we did there?
So you really should consider using plant oils as a beauty essential. Goodness’ one is surprisingly lightweight and your skin will be brighter, smoother, hydrated and balanced. Who doesn’t want that?!